Back from the brink: reversing mental illness with naturopathic medicine
Audio only version
Despite being a successful banker, Dr. Christina Bjorndal suffered years of debilitating bipolar depression and eating disorders, miraculously surviving a suicide attempt which left her in a coma. She recovered thanks to orthomolecular medicine, became a naturopath, and opened a successful clinic.
Here she shares vital information about the key macro-systems that influence our mental health, and how to optimise them through nutrition, supplementation, gut repair, lifestyle habits and mental attitudes.
About Dr. Christina Bjorndal
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders. Having overcome many mental health challenges, Dr. Chris is a gifted speaker and writer who loves to share her philosophy of wellness in interviews with icons like Jenny McCarthy and many more. She is recognized as one of the top NDs to follow by two independent organizations. Dr. Chris has helped many patients achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. She has written four books on mental health as well as created two courses – 1) a 10-week course for individuals and 2) a Clinician’s Integrative Mental Health 10 week course.
Connect with Dr. Christina Bjorndal:
Callingwood Professional Building
200-6650 177 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5T 4J5
- Beyond the Label – Moving from Mental Illness to Wellness with Naturopathic Medicine
- The Essential Diet: Eating for Mental Health
- Moving Beyond – A journal to self discovery
- From Shadows to Light: A Whole Human Approach to Mental Health with 11 co-authors, compiled by Olivia Kachman
- Christina Bjorndal: The Integrative Mental Health Coaching Program
- Christina Bjorndal: The Integrative Mental Health Clinician Program
- Candace Pert: Molecules of Emotion: Why You Feel the Way You Feel
- Marianne Williamson
- Jill Bolte Taylor: My Stroke of Insight
- Gabor Mate: Compassionate Inquiry Training