ADHD: breakthrough treatments to restore attention and focus, minimise hyperactivity and eliminate drug side effects
Audio only version
In this interview with leading child and adolescent psychiatrist Dr. James Greenblatt, find out about the root causes of ADHD, how to test for them, and how to improve ADHD symptoms and drug side effects with safe, effective and proven nutritional and lifestyle interventions.
- why ADHD is not a “behaviour or discipline problem” but a medical disorder producing imbalances in the brain which lead to imbalances in behaviour
- the 4 root causes of ADHD (genetic, neurological, nutritional and environmental)
- how to test for ADHD and its causes
- details of safe, effective and proven nutritional, lifestyle and parenting interventions to vastly improve behaviour and symptoms of ADHD
- the potential consequences of not treating ADHD
About Dr. James Greenblatt
A pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, James M. Greenblatt, MD, has treated patients since 1988. After receiving his medical degree and completing his psychiatry residency at George Washington University, Dr. Greenblatt completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School. Dr. Greenblatt currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer at Walden Behavioral Care in Waltham, MA and serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine and Dartmouth College Geisel School of Medicine.
An acknowledged integrative medicine expert, educator, and author, Dr. Greenblatt has lectured internationally on the scientific evidence for nutritional interventions in psychiatry and mental illness. Through three decades of practice and research, Dr. Greenblatt is a leading contributor to helping physicians and patients understand the role of the personalized medicine for mental illness.
In April of 2017, Dr. Greenblatt was inducted into the Orthomolecular Medicine Hall of Fame by the International Society of Orthomolecular Medicine.
He is author of seven books, including Finally Focused, Nutritional Lithium: A Cinderella Story, Answers to Anorexia, Integrative Medicine for Alzheimer’s, Integrative Medicine for Binge Eating, and Integrative Medicine for Depression, and co-editor with Kelly Brogan, MD of the textbook Integrative Therapies for Depression.
Dr. Greenblatt is the founder of Psychiatry Redefined, an educational platform dedicated to the transformation of psychiatry. Psychiatry Redefined offers online CME-approved courses, webinars, and fellowships for professionals to learn about functional and integrative medicine for mental illness. Please visit www.PsychiatryRedefined.org or www.JamesGreenblattMD.com for more information.
Connect with Dr. James Greenblatt:
- Integrative Therapies for Depression with Kelly Brogan
- Finally Focused with Bill Gottlieb
- Answers to Anorexia
- Nutritional Lithium: A Cinderella Story with Kayla Grossmann
- Integrative Medicine for Alzheimer’s
- Integrative Medicine for Binge Eating with Virginia Ross-Taylor
- Integrative Medicine for Depression with Winnie Lee